Installing Gravity Retaining Walls
What’s the benefit of the large block Redi-Rock system? Using massive, one-ton Redi-Rock blocks allows tall walls to be built without reinforcement—saving time and money on the installation phase of the project. Consider the graphic below—and it's easy to see why many contractors prefer installing Redi-Rock!
In addition, it’s easy to vary the batter of retaining walls to achieve the project’s goals. Options include zero degree batter, standard 5 degree batter, or creating a custom batter by incorporating one or more courses of 9 In. Setback blocks or Planter blocks.
Other benefits of the Redi-Rock gravity system include:
- Fast installation
- Minimal excavation
- The ability to build closer to property lines
- Coordinating Freestanding walls, Columns, Planter blocks, and Pavers create a complete solution
The Redi-Rock system includes 85 blocks (available in all 3 textures) that can be combined in a multitude of different ways to create a custom solution for your project. Click here to view a comprehensive list of block details (PDF)--check out the 41" Series, 60" Series, and 9" Setback Series to see dimensions and weights for gravity walls.
Redi-Rock is available in three distinct stone textures to match the aesthetics of your home's architecture and landscape.
- Ledgestone: Deep, random texture and rich coloring help Ledgestone walls match indigenous stone and soil hues in your area. The texture on each block makes individual blocks nearly indistinguishable, giving the impression of a natural, random stone wall.
- Cobblestone: Even though the face of these blocks is 5.75 sq. ft., the chiseled Cobblestone texture gives each block the appearance of six small blocks. These blocks can be colored or stained to achieve the aesthetic you’re looking for.
- Limestone: The quarried face of Redi-Rock Limestone blocks looks great in larger scale projects. These blocks can be colored or stained to achieve the aesthetic you’re looking for.
Redi-Rock blocks are available in hues that blend in with your local landscape. Contact your local manufacturer for availability!
Featured Case Study
- Emerald Hills Development - Sherwood Park, Alberta
“It’s easy to use and installs way quicker than any other retaining wall system can go in. The tiebacks and the amount of excavation is way less, and it’s a lot more stable against any sort of water body when you have ice forming against it,” the project's engineer said
This project included:
- Cobblestone gravity walls to support the roadway
- A faux arch culvert to make the structure look like a bridge
- Freestanding walls and caps to act as a barrier for pedestrians
The developers were so impressed with the results that they will be using Redi-Rock through future phases of the development!
Find us on Facebook and share your landscape photos with us!
Sep 15, 2014
Redi-Rock for Flood Protection
Redi-Rock retaining walls were recently installed in Madrid, NM after flooding last year caused extensive damage to the small mining town. Click here to view an article and video featuring the walls which were manufactured by Materials Inc.
Sep 08, 2014
Water And Walls
Check out this article in the July/August 2014 issue of Erosion Control on the topic of retaining walls for water applications. It includes a section highlighting CPM Group's Redi-Rock project at Foryd Harbour in Rhyl, North Wales. Read the article here.