Installing Gravity Retaining Walls
What’s the benefit of the large block Redi-Rock system? Using massive, one-ton Redi-Rock blocks allows tall walls to be built without reinforcement—saving time and money on the installation phase of the project. Consider the graphic below—and it's easy to see why many contractors prefer installing Redi-Rock!
In addition, it’s easy to vary the batter of retaining walls to achieve the project’s goals. Options include zero degree batter, standard 5 degree batter, or creating a custom batter by incorporating one or more courses of 9 In. Setback blocks or Planter blocks.
Other benefits of the Redi-Rock gravity system include:
- Fast installation
- Minimal excavation
- The ability to build closer to property lines
- Coordinating Freestanding walls, Columns, Planter blocks, and Pavers create a complete solution
The Redi-Rock system includes 85 blocks (available in all 3 textures) that can be combined in a multitude of different ways to create a custom solution for your project. Click here to view a comprehensive list of block details (PDF)--check out the 41" Series, 60" Series, and 9" Setback Series to see dimensions and weights for gravity walls.
Redi-Rock is available in three distinct stone textures to match the aesthetics of your home's architecture and landscape.
- Ledgestone: Deep, random texture and rich coloring help Ledgestone walls match indigenous stone and soil hues in your area. The texture on each block makes individual blocks nearly indistinguishable, giving the impression of a natural, random stone wall.
- Cobblestone: Even though the face of these blocks is 5.75 sq. ft., the chiseled Cobblestone texture gives each block the appearance of six small blocks. These blocks can be colored or stained to achieve the aesthetic you’re looking for.
- Limestone: The quarried face of Redi-Rock Limestone blocks looks great in larger scale projects. These blocks can be colored or stained to achieve the aesthetic you’re looking for.
Redi-Rock blocks are available in hues that blend in with your local landscape. Contact your local manufacturer for availability!
Featured Case Study
- Emerald Hills Development - Sherwood Park, Alberta
“It’s easy to use and installs way quicker than any other retaining wall system can go in. The tiebacks and the amount of excavation is way less, and it’s a lot more stable against any sort of water body when you have ice forming against it,” the project's engineer said
This project included:
- Cobblestone gravity walls to support the roadway
- A faux arch culvert to make the structure look like a bridge
- Freestanding walls and caps to act as a barrier for pedestrians
The developers were so impressed with the results that they will be using Redi-Rock through future phases of the development!
Find us on Facebook and share your landscape photos with us!
Mar 04, 2014
Redi-Rock at CONEXPO - CON/AGG
The Redi-Rock engineering team is at the CONEXPO - CON/AGG in Las Vegas. Stop by our booth through March 8th to see the latest innovations from Redi-Rock!
Mar 03, 2014
Solution for a "Grave" Problem
See how the KY Transportation Cabinet solved an urgent erosion issue on a roadway bordering a cemetery. The Redi-Rock gravity system allowed officials to repair the roadway without disturbing the cemetery. Read all about it on pg. 38-40 of the March issue of Erosion Control here.